This year we went down to Provo to spend Christmas with Granddad Wilkinson and Aunt Joyce. We had a lot of fun, it is nice to spend time with them. We drove down on Christmas Eve during the snow storm. It was scarey to watch and pay attention to dad's driving to I just closed my eyes and went to sleep. We made pretty good time getting there even with the snow storm. We unloaded the car and were ready to relax and hangout. We ate the traditional nachos and hoagies. Aunt Joyce made chicken noodle soap. But lets face it nobody wants soup when you can have nachos and hoagies. After eating we relaxed and watched tv then it was off to bed for Jessica. Santa did have to come and leave me my presents. I woke up the next morning around 7 or 7:30 and I could some what hear some voices downstairs but as is tradition. I assumed that mom or dad would be coming upstairs to tell me Santa had come and that I could come downstairs. Well I waited until 9 and then I decided that they weren't coming to get me so I went downstairs. We spent the rest of the morning eating treats off the Christmas table and opening presents. For presents this year I got; the amazing book that dad put together, tires for my car, cat food for Muffin, a t-shirt, Mary Kay lotion, shoes, and a blow dryer just to name a few. We finally packed up the car and headed for home making it home just before everyone else was to arrive at our house. Spending Christmas with the family is a ton on fun. Around 7 Justin came over so that we could exchange presents. Since he is going on him mission I wanted to give him something that he could use on his mission. So I gave him to extremely nice looking ties and a cd (he can't that on his mission). In exchange he gave me some slipper socks with are sizes 9-11 (haha way too big) and a beautiful charm bracelet. We then played Pictionary with the family. After awhile of the games we all started to go are seperate ways. Justin and I then went and visited a cousin of his that is extremely disabled and probably going to die rather soon.
This Christmas was a really good Christmas. But we shouldn't forget the real purpose of Christmas now that we have opened our presents. We need to really spend some times thinking about Jesus Christ our Savior and all that he has done for us.!.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This Christmas was especially nice in that we stayed with Granddad in Provo. I know that even though it wasn't home for us, it made it a much better Christmas for him. So not only did we do a kind service for him, but we had fun doing it. He is a great man,father and grandfather, and I appreciate your going with us and helping to make Christmas happy for us all. I love you. Mom
Sounds like the big man came! I bet you were thinking you might get coal this year! Just kidding, I know you were on the nice list. Sounds like you got lots of nice stuff and had a fun time. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment