Monday, February 4, 2008

My Accident

So on January 25, Justin and I were in a really bad car accident. We had just headed out to go to the movies. Justin was driving us across Highway 89 and 2nd North. I had my head down trying to tie my shoe when we were hit. The officer gave Justin the ticket saying that he either ran a red light or jumped the gun and headed out right before the light turned green for us. It was a really scary experience for me. When we got hit we got hit on the back end of the drivers side by a truck that was going at least 55 or 60 mph. When we finally stopped spinning I thought I had died. Justin drove the car off the highway onto 2nd North he was petrified. I asked him if he was okay and all he would say was did the other car drive away so went to look out the back window to see if the other car left, which they hadn't, but I also noticed there wasn't a back to Justin's car anymore. I then again asked Justin if he was okay and this time he said yes. I then called 911 to tell them about the accident. While they cops were on their way I headed over to see if the people in the other car where okay. Justin was still in shock just sitting in the car. When I got over to the truck I knocked on the window to get the girls attention to ask her if she was okay. She didn't move I instantly thought she was dead because she didn't move and she was as white as a ghost. By then cops and a ambulance were there. I went back to Justin's car, by then Justin had finally gotten out and one of the witnesses was asking him if he was okay. The cops took it from there. I called mom's cellphone to tell her we were in a accident and to have her come pick us up but she never answered her phone. (They were on a date with the Craven's) So when the cops had handed out the ticket to Justin and were hooking his car up to the tow truck I had to call Taylor Johnson to come pick us up and take us to my house. Justin was entirely unhappy with who I called but I didn't care since he just about killed me. I have been really sore since then with major whiplash. Mom took me to the doctors the next day and the doctor said it was probably all just whiplash but told me to go get some x-rays just to make sure that I don't have a hair line fracture in my jaw. Because when we got hit my jaw and neck on the left side hit his stick shift. We haven't gotten the results back and I am starting to feel a lot better. I definately had an angel watching out for me that night.

4 comments:

The Millers said...

I'm glad your o.k., accidents are so scary. Is the other girl o.k., in the truck? Any news about your face? How uncomfortable to have to call Taylor. I feel for you!

Wayne and LaRae John said...

I'm glad you are okay too. It would be interesting to see what happened to the other girl. Since we know that Justin was only sore for a couple of days. I am just glad that no one was injured worse than they were!

Tiffany said...

I left a comment on your parents blog, but I'm glad you're ok and that there weren't any major injuries. Very Scary!!

oh ya, check your spelling on the stick 'shiFt' :)

Jenny said...

Jessica, I am so glad that you are okay. You really must have had angels watching over you that night. Hopefully your bumps and bruises go away real soon!