Sunday, March 22, 2009

Girls Night

So on Wednesday my friend Cassie called me up and said she was in need a girls night. Cassie and I try to get together once a week or at least every other week for girl time. So since I hadn't made plans yet for my evening I was up for a girls night. We decided to go to dinner and movie. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and I had a strange thing happen to me.

So we got this semi young waiter and he was incredibly flirty from the moment he saw us. I figured he was just working it so that we could get a nice tip from us, which was fine. I don't mind being flattered, it definately boost my ego. Well as dinner continued things went strange. Cassie and I got our breadsticks and salad along with some alfredo sauce for dipping. Then we orderd our dinners and our drinks. Well the waiter continued to bring out extra sauce and extra drinks for us to try. Knowing that I was going to have to pay for all of this extra stuff I asked him to please stop bringing out stuff unless we ask for it. He then said to me, "don't worry all this stuff is on the house tonight." Say what!!! Still worried about the bill I told him to please just stop anyway.

Eventually we were done eating and were in need of some boxes. Cassie went to the bathroom while I waited for the check and the boxes. So while she was gone I decided to check my phone to see who had been texting me. Well the waiter rushed over to me with boxes and proceeded to put our food in them. While doing so I was practically ignoring him while I texted my friends back. Well the waiter grabbed my phone and proceeded to enter his phone number into my phone. I was not happy to say the least I thought that it was incredibly nervy. I took my phone back and asked for the check saying we were in a hurry to leave. Well Cassie got back a minute or two later and then the waiter showed up with cake for us to share. Oh man was I getting mad. Now not only was I paying for all the extra drinks and sauces but dessert too! I told him that we didn't order this so to take it back again he told me it was on the house. Again I asked for the check.

So after a couple minutes I got the check. When I looked at it, it said that I didn't owe anything. I asked him why it said I didn't owe anything and he said it was because he was covering the meal. All I had to do what give him a call sometime. Oh my! Well not wanting to be rude I asked for the check so that I could pay for it anyway and he refused to let me pay. So I finally gave up and left. I have never had something like that happen to me and I never want it to happen again.

So after dinner Cassie and I went and saw the movie "Marley and Me", that was such and sweet but sad movie. I loved it but cried for probably the last half of the movie. I love animals and have always felt a connection with them especially my brothers dog Timber. The movie was great, definately a movie to own.

No comments: